While your website is never really done, there are ways to make sure it meets the necessary requirements of the modern consumer.
Here are some of them …
Are your images high res? Are you using all stock photos? Ugh.
Make sure your Contact Us page is accurate and your phone number is visible on your homepage, preferably top fold. Is your website responsive? If not, Google will punish you and prospective clients all of whom are on smartphones will go elsewhere.
Is your site copy heavy with text about your great product that your readers won’t read? All they care about … how will your product help them.
By the way, you don’t need a 50-page website as visitors spend more of their time on the homepage, services and contact pages. Build smart pages. Quality, not quantity.
From a design and brand perspective, choose your colors wisely. Consider deleting pop-ups from your site. They drive folks like me away. Far away.
Finally, do you have a Call to Action? Why am I here and what do you want me to do?
Why should I have my WordPress site customized? That’s simple, so you can stand out from the rest of the WordPress crowd. How long will it take? That depends on the needs of the site and what additions you would like.
Customizations and Updates – A Starter List:
- Add retina-friendly logo and header images (crisp clear images on all devices)
- Add extra functionality, i.e. e-commerce (WooCommerce), gallery, sliders, custom post types
- Set up and customize Gravity Forms email form
- Want an Instagram feed in your footer?
- Change accent and font colors
- Set up newsletter/Mailchimp form
- Update broken links
- Install and configure Yoast SEO Plugin
- Make your site mobile-friendly (requires a new theme)